I got my peaches out in…Ontario (oh, yeah, sh*t).
My mom used to make the best apple crisp growing up and it was my absolute favourite post-dinner treat. Since peaches are in season (in Ontario), I decided to make a peach crisp instead, and it did not disappoint. Take your girl up to the north, yeh, for those Canadian peaches! I hope you are a Justin Bieber fan, otherwise this post will make absolutely zero sense to you. And also, we cannot be friends if you aren’t (joking) (not really).
As the name suggests all you need are FIVE simple ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
The simplicity of this recipe is insane, making it the easiest, most delicious dessert on the fly. It’s also perfect for a summer BBQ or outdoor gathering. Let’s make some peach crisp!
This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when purchases are made after clicking the links, at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting me!
5-Ingredient Peach Crisp
Serving size: 5-6 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 4 large peaches (approximately 6 cups), washed and cut into 1/2-inch wide slices
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon (if using). Use your hands or a pastry cutter to incorporate the cubed butter until it resembles large crumbs. Place the bowl in the freezer while you prepare the peaches.
- Place peaches into an 8-inch baking dish or cast iron pan. Pour the lemon juice over top and use your hands to toss the peaches around.
- Top the peaches with the crumble, making sure it is evenly spread across the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top begins to turn golden brown and crispy.
Serve warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.